Level 1 Textbook smoothly transitions pupils into basic reading and writing. It consists of 12 units about the vowels, greeting, self, family and friends. It teaches students to:
- Read Arabic letters with short and long vowels, Shad’da, Tanween and moon/sun letters.
- Connect the letters to formulate words, short sentences and simple dialogues.
- Learn about 150 new frequently used words, with distinction between masculine and feminine nouns.
- Develop basic speaking skills for simple dialogue, with a focus on pronouns of the singular first and third forms.
- Learn to introduce oneself, family, and friends.