Reception Level is the first in a series of books designed as an introduction to learning the Arabic language. The textbook teaches the alphabet with Fatha, Kasra and Dama sounds and introduces numerous words through pictures and Rhymes. It aims to instill in pupils a basic foundation for further learning, teaching them to:
- Read and write the Arabic alphabet.
- Learn letters’ names and sounds with the Fat’ha, Kasra, and Dama vowels.
- Recognise letters’ shapes at the beginning, middle, and end of words.
- Sight-read the 28 first words, and link them to masculine/feminine forms.
- Learn some vocabulary relating to colours, food and the human body.
- Learn the numbers 1 – 10.